5 Levels of Tech Savvy Blissposted by Anna Mar, March 27, 2013
Let's admit it.
It feels like everyone is tech savvy. That is to say that technology has become a significant part of everyone's life.
Most people are proud of their accomplishments with technology. They should be.
Modern technology customers and industry insiders are faced with a constant stream of change. The human ability to adapt to this pace of change is remarkable.
There will be more new technologies introduced in the next five years than have been introduced in all of human history.
Technology savvy individuals interface with technology at very different levels. There's a big difference between an earlier adopter and a trend follower. There's a big difference between a programmer and user.
There are 5 levels of technology savvy:
1. Trend FollowersTrend Followers are comfortable using technology. They use the popular products and services that everyone else uses. They will try new technologies when their friends have tried it first.
2. Power CustomersPower Customers are enthusiastic consumers of new technology who are always happy to check out the latest innovations.
Power customers make or break new technology by trying new products and services first. Power customers influence and motivate others to try their favorite new discoveries.
3. DesignersDesigners know how technologies work. They are the engineers and creative professionals who design new technologies.
4. ArchitectsArchitects know how to fit technology building blocks together to make new things. They are the masterminds behind technology products and organizations.
5. Innovation LeadersInnovation leaders know how to reinvent technology. They are the creative force behind innovative technology ideas, products and architectures.
Understand the threats to your organization.|
Explaining complex business and technical concepts in layman's terms.|
CxO level executives are demanding metrics for EA — can you deliver? |
A simple checklist for secure code reviews.|