How to Simplify Your Enterprise Architecture in 10 Easy Stepsposted by Anna Mar, June 23, 2011
The brief history of IT architecture is the story of encapsulation. Whether it is enterprise, application or technology architecture — it is all about reducing the complex to the simple.
These 10 common Enterprise Architecture patterns hide implementation details behind contracts — transforming a complex enterprise to a simple collection of boxes.
1. The CloudInfrastructure is a complex jumble of technology that can thought of as a cloud that provides a number of services.
The performance of cloud services can be measured with metrics and guaranteed with SLAs.
2. Service Oriented Architecture (SOA)SOA is a excellent way to build a set of enterprise level services that hide implementation complexity.
3. Data Warehouse (DW)Hides the complexity of data integration for decision support (exposed via a enterprise data dictionary).
4. Operational Data Store (ODS)Hides the complexity of data integration for operations.
5. ESBESB simplifies messaging with a publish-subscribe model.
6. ERPProvides a unified application / data model that hides the complexity of integration with legacy applications.
7. PortalProvides a single point of access for enterprise services.
8. Unified CommunicationsSingle tool for communications and collaboration.
9. Enterprise Content Management (ECM)A single repository of content and documents.
10. DashboardA snapshot view of enterprise metrics.
Understand the threats to your organization.|
Explaining complex business and technical concepts in layman's terms.|
CxO level executives are demanding metrics for EA — can you deliver? |
A simple checklist for secure code reviews.|